Artistic Expressions of Resilience to Stand Against Substance Misuse
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is partnering with We R Native to host a youth art competition that highlights indigenous resilience!
- Prizes: $500 for individual entries, $1,000 for group entries
- Submission Start: April 8th, 2021
- Round 1 Submission End: July 7th, 2021
- Round 2 Submission End: December 10th, 2021
- Round 1 Winners Announced: July 30th, 2021
- Round 2 Winners Announced: January 2022
- Eligibility: Youth ages 14-25 with knowledge of indigenous culture
UPDATE: The submission deadline has been extended to December 10th, 2021.
All entries submitted by the original submission date of July 7th, 2021 will be assessed during Round One Judging in July 2021, and all other entries will be assessed in Round Two Judging in January 2022.
If you submit by the original July 7th deadline and you are not selected for a prize in round one, your submission will still be considered in round two of judging.
Final Submission Deadline Extended!
- Submission End: December 10, 2021
- Round One Judging: July 2021
- Round Two Judging: January 2022
- Winners Announced: July 30th, 2021 (Round One) and January 31st, 2022 (Round Two)
How to enter:
Original work of art including but not limited to traditional and/or non-traditional painting, sketch, print, dance, music, theater, sculpting, beadwork, written work, and carving.
Written or video response explaining your knowledge of and/or connection to AI/AN culture, and how your artwork represents resiliency against substance misuse.