Managing Relationship Pressures
Feeling the pressure? Here are some hints on how to handle it:
- Talk with your boyfriend or girlfriend about what you're feeling.
- Spend time working on your relationship. Relationships are something you need to put time and energy into maintaining.
- Talk to people who know your situation - like your parents and friends.
- Talk to someone outside your friends or family - like a counselor.
- Respect your differences. Differences are often what make a relationship great.
- Hang out with someone other than your boyfriend/girlfriend. Make time for your friends and yourself.
Acknowledgement: This fact sheet was originally developed by youth and staff at ReachOut.com, a website that helps teens get through tough times.