Hi Auntie, why haven’t I been able to clear my mind?
Thank you for asking this question. This is not an easy question to answer because there are many reasons why our minds become preoccupied with thought. I am also unclear as to what is occupying your mind. I can understand that this might cause you some distress.
Some people have a hard time clearing their minds because they might have a mental health issues that is affecting them, such as
- Attention deficit disorder ADHD is a disorder that makes it difficult for a person to pay attention and control impulsive behaviors. He or she may also be restless and almost constantly active.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a common, chronic, and long-lasting disorder in which a person has uncontrollable, reoccurring thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions) that he or she feels the urge to repeat over and over.
Sometimes it could mean we have a lot on our minds because of school, work, and other obligations. It could be that we are under a great deal of stress that is occupying our minds. Or it could mean you are experiencing some depressive symptoms. Depending on your age, it could mean that your brain is developing rapidly and is taking in a great deal of information.
There are things that you can try to “clear your mind”:
- Talk to a friend or trusted adult
- Read a good book
- Write your thoughts down in a journal
- Go for a walk
- Meditation, prayer, or ritual
- Unplug from technology
If you try some of these things and are still having a hard time clearing your mind, you might want to see a counselor or go see your doctor.
I hope this was helpful, take good care of yourself.