There are things you can do to manage your depression and anxiety. Unfortunately, there are no quick solutions that will help you to “solve” these conditions. This is going to take some time working with someone you trust like a mental health professional.
In general, you can expect a few options for treating depression and anxiety, like:
- Seeing a Counselor – to talk you through the reasons you may be experiencing depression and anxiety symptoms
- Taking Medication – that a doctor prescribes you
- Both Counseling & Medication
During treatment, it’s best to be honest with your counselor or doctor so that they know how best to help you.
To find a counselor, check with:
- Tribal Clinic
- Your School, or University
- Mental Health America has a zip code locator to help you find clinics near you with low-cost or sliding scale services. They also have a Crisis hotline you can call: 1-800-273-TALK.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America also has a zip code locator you can check out.
If you want to talk to someone immediately, please text START to 741741.