Hi everyone! It’s National Nutrition Month and I wanted to share one of my favorite healthy snacks with you. Fun fact, when I was growing up we had two pear trees in our backyard so we had pears all the time and had to get creative with how we prepared them. This recipe is a snack my mom used to make for my sisters and I when we were little 😊
Pears, Cream Cheese and Honey Slices
- 1 pear (You can also use an apple)
- Whipped cream cheese (You can find this at most grocery stores, but regular cream cheese is fine too, just let it soften a little before)
- Pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds, or any other toppings you like
- Slice your pear into ¼ inch thick slices. Once your slices are cut remove the seeds or core from any slices.
- Take a paper towel and dab out any moisture from the slices. This helps the cream cheese stick better.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each slice.
- Drizzle a little bit of honey on each slice.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds.