Hi I’m a Pit River Native. I got a roll number, how do I get my tribal money?

Dear Mikas,

Thanks for reaching out!

There are a couple things to keep in mind. Not all tribes and tribal members receive dividends or revenues.

I encourage you to reach out to your tribe to ask them about potential dividends or revenues that tribal members might be eligible for. You can go to this website for the Pit River Tribe: or you can also give the tribal office a call at 530-335-5421. As I mentioned not all tribes receive money. For example, my half-brother is Fort Sill Apache and Zuni. He receives money from his Apache tribe, but not from his Zuni side.

Money for tribes come in a couple different ways: dividends or gambling revenues. Dividends can come from the government to be distributed to tribes and their members. They can receive compensation for land purchases or things like land rights. Gambling revenues come from the tribe if they have such systems in place and obviously own casinos. My tribe (Zuni) receives neither of these because we still live on our land and we don’t own any casinos.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Auntie Manda

Find Us

Follow Us

Enter Phone Number to Subscribe:

Msg & Data Rates May Apply.
Text STOP to opt out. No purchase necessary.
Expect 4 msgs/mo.Terms and Conditions