Hi, I’m not sure how to do this but I need help looking for mental guidance.

Hi, I’m not sure how to do this but I need help looking for mental guidance. I have trouble keeping up with everything and I have a huge disconnect with everyone since recently. I want to get help but without my parents knowing please, thank you.

Huge kudos for writing in. It’s not an easy thing to recognize you need help, then asking for it.

It sounds like right now finding a counselor to talk through the reasons you may be feeling the way you do, would be a good start.

You can contact your:

  • School Counselor
  • Tribal Clinic – Mental Health Services
  • Mental Health America has a zip code locator to help you find clinics near you. If you don’t want to use your parents insurance, because they will be notified, ask about their sliding scale services for a low-cost option. They also have a Crisis hotline you can call: 1-800-273-TALK.

I would consider talking to your counselor to discuss why you don’t want to talk with your parents. They can help you come up with a plan so that you better understand what your options are.

The bigger support team you have, the more resources you have to get you feeling better. If your parents aren’t options, talk to your counselor to figure out who you can add to your team.

If you want to talk to someone immediately, please text START to 741741.

Thanks for writing in. I’m sending you my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Auntie Manda

Find Us

Follow Us

Enter Phone Number to Subscribe:

Msg & Data Rates May Apply.
Text STOP to opt out. No purchase necessary.
Expect 4 msgs/mo.Terms and Conditions