I’ve heard a lot about plastics accumulating in the ocean. It seems too daunting to do anything about.
I’m from a place where there’s no recycling and you can’t drink from the tap.
Some things that have made me feel better:
- Is bringing my own bags to the store and just throw my fruits and veggies in the basket
- I stopped using plastic straws
- I try to bring my own mug or cup for drinks
- My grandma’s house got a water dispenser cuz the water on the rez is no bueno. That right there is a game changer – not throwing away all those plastic bottles.
- I even found bamboo toothbrushes.
Mostly it’s just paying attention to what your habits are and what you can be better at. This applies to everything, not just your plastic use.