Many of us don’t get as much physical activity as we should. The American Heart Association recommends that teens get at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day. Invite your friends to join you – It’s never too late to start a healthy habit!
February is American Heart Month. Here’s what you can do:
- Organize a Just Move It event for your school or community. Get tools and ideas at: justmoveit.org Host a walk, fun run, lacrosse game, bike ride, kick ball tournament, or basketball game.
- Take the NFL Play 60 School Challenge: nfl.com/play60
- Celebrate National Wear Red Day. Encourage everyone in your community to wear red.
- Contact your local Red Cross and invite then to train your school in CPR.
- CPR skills can help save a life.
- Host a showing of Supersize Me at your school, or create a health promotion video of your own: YouTube.com
Need more Ideas? Check out: Dosomething.org