Smoking is the number one cause of preventable death in the U.S. Commercial tobacco kills more Americans than AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, murders, suicides, drugs, and fires combined.
The Great American Smokeout is November 20th. Here’s what you can do:
- Calculate the cost of smoking, take quizzes, and get tools to quit at cancer.org
- Host a Clean Up A Butt event in tour community (Cigarette Butt, That Is)
- Host a Tobacco Trade-In Day (Ask people to trade in their tobacco products for something else)
- Organize a concert, rally, or poetry slam for Your Cause
- Host a showing of TRUTH videos at your school, or create a tobacco prevention video of your own: thetruth.com
Need more Ideas? Check out: Dosomething.org