National HIV Testing Day – June 27th
More than 3,000 American Indians and Alaska Natives have been infected by HIV. Think you’re not at risk? Think again – Half of new HIV infections occur among teens and young adults!
Here’s what you can do:
- Host a dinner with community members to discuss HIV, STDs and other issues affecting teens and their health.
- Organize a Wall of Moccasins in a prominent place, to honor Native people who have died from HIV/AIDS.
- Organize a testing event for your school or clinic: cdc.gov/stdawareness
- Organize a Benefit Concert, Open Mic Night, or Poetry Slam for your cause
- Watch and discuss videos from Native STAND, or create and share your own HIV prevention videos: youtube.com/nativeStand7
Need more Ideas? Check out: www.dosomething.org