More than 3,000 American Indians and Alaska Natives have been infected by HIV. Think you’re not at risk? Think again – Half of new HIV infections occur among teens and young adults!
National Native American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is March 20th. Here’s what you can do:
- Get ideas and order awareness day materials: nnhaad.org
- Host a luncheon with community members to discuss STD/HIV and other issues affecting teens and their health.
- Organize a Wall of Moccasins in a prominent place, to honor Native people who have died from HIV/AIDS.
- Organize a STD/HIV testing event for your school or clinic. Learn how at: itsyoursexlife.com/toolkit
- Organize a Benefit Concert, Open Mic Night, or Poetry Slam for Your Cause
- Watch and discuss videos from Native STAND, or create and share your own HIV prevention videos: youtube.com/user/nativeStand7
Need more Ideas? Check out: Dosomething.org