A fatal injury occurs every six minutes. The good news is, that many of these injuries can be stopped – by preventing crashes, unintentional overdoses, falls, and fires.
June is National Safety Month. Here’s what you can do:
- Invite the Red Cross to your school to provide first aid, CPR, and AED training to you and your classmates.
- Get friends together and conduct “home safety inspections” for elders and families with young children.
- Check and change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Install free detectors for those who don’t have them.
- Work with your clinic or pharmacy to host a Trade-In Event for expired prescriptions (ie. Ask people to trade in their old prescriptions for something else, like movie tickets or a healthy dinner). Doing so can prevent drug abuse and accidental overdose.
- Create and share a home safety video of your own.
Need more Ideas? Check out: www.dosomething.org