Did you know that traffic crashes are the leading cause of death for American teens? And young people are among the most likely to text and talk behind the wheel. One in four of American teens say they have texted while driving, and half say they’ve been a passenger while a driver has texted.
Teen Driver Safety Week is October 18th-24th. Here’s what you can do:
- Prevent distracted driving…Take the pledge. Speak up.
- Spread the Word. Visit Distraction.gov
- Need help talking to your friends about distracted driving?
- Check out: CreateRealImpact.com
- Organize a concert, rally, or poetry slam for your cause
- Host a showing of RU Lethal videos at your school, or create a car safety video of your own.
Need more Ideas? Check out: Dosomething.org