More than 3,000 American Indians and Alaska Natives have been infected by HIV. Think you’re not at risk? Think again – Half of new HIV infections occur among teens and young adults!
World AIDS Day is December 1st. Here’s what you can do:
- Get ideas and online resources: worldaidsday.org
- Host a luncheon with community members to discuss STD/HIV and other issues affecting teens and their health.
- Organize a Wall of Moccasins in a prominent place, to honor Native people who have died from HIV/AIDS.
Organize a testing event for your school or clinic: cdc.gov/stdawareness
- Organize a Benefit Concert, Open Mic Night, or Poetry Slam for your cause
- Watch and discuss videos from Native STAND, or create and share your own HIV prevention videos: Youtube.com/user/nativeStand7
Need more Ideas? Check out: Dosomething.org