The definition of sacred:
- Dedicated to or set apart for the worship of a deity.
- Worthy of religious veneration.
- Made or declared holy.
- Dedicated or devoted exclusively to a single use, purpose, or person.
- Worthy of respect; venerable.
- Of or relating to religious objects, rites, or practices.
Now what does that really mean? Check out these articles to learn more.
Bad Indians: A Poem By Ryan Red Corn
I was told by those old ones that every song has a…
Happy Halloween: What Are You Doing With Your Pumpkin?
Pumpkins have long served as a staple in the diet of American…
Medicine Wheels are a powerful intertribal symbol that represents living a balanced…
Have you ever been at a powwow or a ceremonial gathering and…
The Sacred Circle
A young man sat alone near the river, apart from his three…
Life Is Sacred
We R Quileute
Represent – Computer Medicine
Mattie Harper, Bois Forte Ojibwe, is a Ph.D candidate in Ethnic Studies…
Asema Is Sacred
Identity-Proud Native American
A video poem that honors Anishinaabe heritage. The poem illustrates a young…