Dear Auntie, how do I stand with Standing Rock against the Dakota Access Pipeline?
Well, this has been the hot topic for quite some time, especially since Trump came into office and signed two executive orders that will allow further construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline and Keystone XL.
Here’s a list of some things you can do now to Stand with Standing Rock:
- Call your local congressman or woman – if we stand together we can increase the pressure and let congress and Trump feel the pressure. Just Google your states congressperson to find their contact info.
- Ship Supplies to the Sacred Stone Camp – it’s been a rough winter and people who have been protesting are in need of some basic goods like firewood and propane. Check out their website for a list of things they need.
- Donations – the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe is collecting massive legal, sanitary, and emergency purpose bills. You can donate through paypal or by mail. Checks can be written out to Standing Rock Sioux Tribe – Donations and can be mailed to Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, Attention: Donations, PO Box D, Building #1, North Standing Rock Avenue, Fort Yates, ND 58538.
- Lend your voice and talents – to see how you can best volunteer your talents and time email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep Talking about DAPL – No DAPL supporters have been fighting a long battle and need help to keep the issue on every American’s mind. With so many other issues in the news right now, it’s imperative we keep up the momentum and gain more coverage and support because if no ones talking about DAPL…it’s easy to forget.
Thanks for writing in and keeping your Standing Rock brothers and sisters in your thoughts…now hopefully extending this into ACTION!