2. Collection of Personal Information
3. Use of Personal Information
if we believe there is a serious and imminent threat to the life, health or safety of yourself or another person (for example, if we learn that a person is suffering abuse or has made statements of an intent to commit self-harm or harm another)
to investigate or report on activity which we believe on reasonable grounds to be unlawful if disclosure is required or authorized by law (for example, in response to a subpoena or where a regulatory authority has the power to request the provision of certain records or information)
if disclosure is reasonably necessary to enable an enforcement body to perform its functions, for example: the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences; and the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
If NPAIHB deems necessary in its sole discretion to protect its legal and legitimate business interests.
4. Sharing Personal Information
5. Security of information
NPAIHB will take reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is protected from modification, misuse, disclosure, loss and unauthorized access. While NPAIHB will take reasonable precautions against potential breaches of your Personal Information, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. Consequently, NPAIHB cannot, and does not, guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, disclosure, misuse, modification or any other breaches will not occur. NPAIHB urges you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by memorizing your password or keeping it in a safe place, and logging out of your online user account and closing your web browser after you are finished using the Site.
6. Cookies and session information
7. Third-party links
8. Minors and Children Under Age 13
We recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any Personal Information to anyone over the Internet. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on the Site or send any Personal Information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to NPAIHB or on the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
9. Access to information
Please contact us if you believe that the Personal Information that you have provided to us is not up-to-date, complete or accurate. You have the right to request the correction of any information which relates to you and is inaccurate. If you would like us to delete any Personal Information that you have disclosed only to us as part of registering or subscribing with the Site, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete it unless we are required by law to keep it. However, if you publicly disclose your Personal Information on the Site, (e.g., you include Personal Information in a comment to an article on the Site or in a User Submission), such information becomes public information. We may not be able to remove such publicly disclosed Personal Information. Please be aware of this before you choose to publicly disclose your Personal Information on the Site. All above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Mobile Terms and Conditions
- There is no fee from We R Native or The Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply – this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- For information on data collection and us, please read our full corporate policy contained herein on this page.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
- By subscribing to alerts from the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board, the user consents to receive automated text messages from The Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board to help in our movement towards health equity. Recurring messages. Message & data rates may apply.
- If you have any questions, reply HELP to the number your received messages from, or contact us at (503) 228-4185 or email@example.com . To stop receiving messages, text STOP to the number your received messages from.