Thanks for writing in!
We’re stoked that you’re reaching out for support. All questions are read. A limited number are answered on the We R Native website. By submitting a question, you agree that it may be published on the site. We aim to answer 1-2 NEW questions per month. Check out the answers that we’ve already compiled.
Please note that Ask Your Relative is not a crisis hotline or a counseling service. Our staff are not available 24/7. If you need immediate help, text “NATIVE” to 741-741 for free 24/7 support.
We care about how you are doing. Here are the most common resources we share for urgent requests:
- If you have an urgent sexual health question text NATIVE to 774 636. You will be directed to Planned Parenthood. You can chat online or text “NATIVE” to 774 636 to get answers.
- If you need immediate help with grief, anxiety stress, or sadness, text NATIVE to 741 741. The Crisis Text Line will connect you with a free Crisis Counselor with 24/7 support. Or call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- If you are experiencing domestic violence or sexual assault, call, chat or text the StrongHearts Native Helpline. StrongHearts 1-844-7NATIVE (762-8483) is a 24/7 safe, confidential and anonymous domestic, dating and sexual violence helpline for Natives, offering culturally-appropriate support and advocacy.
- If you are an Indigenous survivor of violence or a family member of a MMIWG2, call or text Sovereign Bodies. Their support line is available 24/7 for both calls and texts, and can provide emotional support, access services, and referrals to healthcare and other services throughout the US and Canada. Call or text (707) 335-6263.
- If you are 2SLGBTQ – call, chat, or text the Trevor Project. Text START to 678 678 or call 1-866-488-7386. You will be connected to a crisis counselor 24/7, 365 days a year, from anywhere in the U.S. It is 100% confidential, and 100% free.
The best part about being Native, is that we have each other’s backs. Text “CARING’’ to 65664, you’ll receive two texts per week from We R Native and THRIVE with funny videos, songs, and messages designed to remind you of just how awesome you are!
Manda, Paige, Jane, Asia