Eating food for energy is a great way to start getting the right balance of nutrients your body needs to perform every day. One way to do this to try eating real food. Real food means food that’s closer to nature: consider having an apple rather than juice or fruit snacks, oatmeal rather than pop tarts, nuts and berries rather than Cheetos. Your friends might call you a rabbit, but when their crashing from a sugar buzz, you’re energy will be going through the roof!
So, if you’re looking for a healthy snack, with real food, that takes just a few ingredients and not a lot of time to make, look no further! These energy bites are super quick to make and you probably already have the ingredients at home (and if not, it’s cheap to buy these items). You will not regret making these and neither will anyone around you 🙂
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
And if you’re looking for an even easier snack to put together, try some trail mix! Simply put some real food in a bag, and you got yourself a great on the go snack. I like to mix together some almonds, walnuts, chocolate chips and some dried cranberries.
To read more about eating well and feeling healthy, check out wernative.org/my-life/my-body/eating-well