- I know this to be true – that I do not like poetry when it is not music.
- I know that there will be times of stress and that there will be challenges for youth and I will not always be happy but I know that my eyes are not the only things that see.
- I know that good things happen to good people and bad things happen to good people and acceptance is not the same as giving in.
- Because I know that money is not everything and although this hotel bed is very uncomfortable, I know that I am me. I know that I will make mistakes and I know that white bread is bad for you but I will live in hope that 2 and 2 makes four and remember that my destiny is never set in stone.
- Because I know this to be true that I am a strong Yakama women and although I am shy in front of new people I know that I will survive today to reach tomorrow. And even though I know that everybody here is a stranger to me, I know people struggle with the same things, we share the same stories.
- I know this to be true that I have to be open to new ideas and that I am here for a reason. And although this is not what I expected it to be, I will come out of my shell and remember my potential and — that white bread is bad for you.
- I know this to be true that I LOVE basketball, red bull blast and being surrounded by Native people.
- I know that music makes me feel good and my brother probably misses his ipod but I know that I will always be loved by my family and I KNOW that — I will always miss my mother.
- I know that everyone is unique and that I am proud to be a “white”native because the color of my skin does not define me. Because inside of me is a bright light that will overcome darkness and one day I will dance at powwow and I will forgive.
- And I still will remember that white bread is bad for you and that
- I do not like poetry when it is not music.
- This I know is true.
THRIVE Conference Art Track
June 25-29, 2012. Portland, OR.